Monday, February 28, 2011

Adventures in California

So I've made my way, reluctantly, out to California to visit the boy. So far we haven't rested!

The first day was a trial of getting from Albany to San Franciso without getting frisked by the TSA or losing luggage. It took me a bit longer then expected to get out here given some delays from the snow storm we received in albany the night before my departure. I'll shorten the airport experience to this, I read 190 pages of Bill Bryson's Lost continent. A book about his travels in small town America. So far it's great and really I didn't want to put the book down.

The first thing Rich and I did after we found eachother in the airport was to head straight to In N Out burger. it was delicous. and now I'm addicted. Yesterday we spent ALL DAY walking around the piers of San Francisco. We saw some seal lions, some magic shows and a whole lot of tourist. THE BEST PART of the whole day wasy semi wandering into a Bourdin Bakery. It was amazing, they had the bakery open up so that you could look over the bakers and machinery hard at work below. It was fascinating. I plan to post pictures once I get back and get them uploaded to this site so you'll just have to use google or wait in eager anticipation. We also went out to see Ben Gibbard, an indie rock legend at age 35. it was beautiful.

today, unfortunatly, I had to work, east coast time. ugh. I was up at 5:30am PST to be logged in by 8:30 EST. it was tough and involved lots of coffee. luckily that is something they do not lack out here.

now we're planning a trip up to napa, CA with a bed and breakfast in mind and perhaps a mud bath/hot springs? we'll see.

well thats all for now. more to come!

No comments: