Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Denver Race

Well if you don't know Denver is full of crazy runners, rain, sun or hail they are taking over the streets and parks.  Today was my first (of hopefully many!) races in and around Denver.  It was a great one to start of because it was for an organization I hope to work with in the future, Girls on the Run. It felt great to see these young girls, third to eight grade, accomplishing probably one of the hardest things, at least physically, they've tried to do.  Along with their coaches they train for a couple of months for this race (there's a fall race too) and it was motivating to see them smiling, chasing each other and providing encouragement to the other girls they trained without throughout the year. Here's the course and my results. Please keep in mind that this is the farthest I've run in about a month a half so I was a bit slow. (also dodging girls as they stop in the middle of the road to tie their shoes or pick something off the ground etc. but mostly me just being slow:)

1 comment:

Rich said...

Congrats! It's awesome that you can imbed the Garmin data into your blog.