Monday, October 31, 2011

GOTR Mock 5K = Success!

Over this past weekend I held a mock 5k run for my Girls on the Run girls. Considering it was a Saturday over fall break only about 10 girls showed up but they all came ready to run. We ran two segments on the highline canal trail, my favorite trail in Denver and conveniently near their school.

I have to admit that I was throughly impressed with how well and fast all of the girls ran. They were just awesome. We had everyone finish in 45 minutes! And maybe just as impressive was the number of parents that hung around and even ran with us (the majority of them being non-runners!), brought water and oranges for the end of the race and cheered each of the girls on. I find it amazing when parents get involved in their child's school activities and it helped to motivate the girls. I even had some parents ask me if they could register for our real race in November to run with their daughters. Score!

For those of you in the Denver area come run with us or cheer on some hard working girls and their exhausted coaches :)!

More information can be found here

No comments: