Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Too Many Hobbies

Since moving out to Denver I've been exposed to a seemingly endless choice of new hobbies. Everything from road bikes, bike racing, duathlons, a potential triathlon in my future!, camping, hiking, rock climbing and the list goes on and on. It is amazing and I feel like I have been given a second life. Who knew this world existed?! Of course these activities can be done and ARE done in the Northeast, I was just never in the group on kids that made a point of taking advantage of what nature has to offer. Now I get that chance and have met some amazing people that are more than eager to exploit the excitement I have in trying out all of these new activities. I'll admit it's taking a toll on my budget... but it's the reason I work, right? To enjoy the time I'm not working. 

Here are some of the new and exciting purchase to be used this weekend when I do some of my first winter camping.

First off, my new backpacking bag! So excited to give this guy a try. The bag received great reviews for being a light backpacking bag that still hold enough supplies for 2-5 days. Check it out here.

And the second big purchase for the upcoming camping adventures is my new sleeping bag. Rated at 15 degrees, this bag should keep me incredibly warm on those cold winter nights. Can't wait to give this one a try. The best part is that it's petite and fits me perfectly, so unless your 5ft don't even bother asking if you can borrow it! More details and photos to come after this weekend's camping trip!

No comments: