Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane...

Pretty soon Brett and I will be on a couple month hiatus from our jobs and normal life.  We'll be moving around and visiting different cities and sites in South America not staying in one place for too long.

I have this sort of dream or fantasy of buying local yarn as we travel and using it to make something. The problem is, what is that something?  I haven't been able to figure that out yet.  In researching this dilemma I haven't solved my problem but I have come up with some other really cute ideas for small projects.  I'm thinking these could be nice gifts for those that help us out along the way maybe.

Cable braid knit bracelet
Pattern


Watermelon patch knit baby blanket
Oh, maybe this!! So it can be worked in pieces! Pattern

KnittyBlog.com offers this advice:

Work fine-gauge projects: there’s a lot more knitting time and value in a single skein of laceweight or sock yarn than a single skein of worsted weight yarn. A single ball of sock yarn can easily entertain me for an entire weekend. - See more at: http://knittyblog.com/2014/07/travel-knitting/#sthash.nrJahvaI.dpuf


I think it's safe to say more research is needed!

... Hello knitting sites....

No comments: